Article: Banning Student Containers by Alan November
I found this article to be very interesting and I believe it is an article that most educators should read. As an inspiring educator I believe that it is important to learn about your students. Know their strengths and weaknesses and learn about their interest in and out of school. This article made me realize that educators should also learn about the technology devices that students use outside the classroom and find a way for these devices to be used in the classroom. These “containers” that the students have access to at home are not being used in the classroom. Shouldn’t the devices that the students learn with and communicate with at home be explored with in the classroom? Allowing these “containers” to be used in the classroom will allow students to be more interested in the learning process. Why not use YouTube or blogs for students to learn about different topics. Teachers can be creative with lessons and incorporate these devices. Students will have fun with it, be motivated to learn and see how what they are learning is connected to the world around them.
According to Alan November this might be scary for some teachers and I agree with him. This is new but is important for students to learn this way in this changing world. For me, I am scared because I want to make creative motivating lessons with this technology but I am not sure exactly how to do it. But I am learning and excited about taking on the challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment